Friday 18 May 2012

jesus



Home from university for Easter, and my daughter has brought a chicken home with her. Apparently the boys’ house near her ‘adopted’ a chick, one of those fast growing broilers, heaven knows where they found him. Early on they dropped him, and thinking he had died, they were about to bury him, when he burst into life again, so they named him Jesus, I know, I know!  He's been growing up in their house, I know, on a diet of beer and chips, and knowing he would be spending the Easter break alone in the back yard of a student house with only a loaf of bread occasionally thrown over the wall for him, my daughter has managed to kidnap him and bring him here. Jesus (yes, I’m so sorry!) is settling in well, he’s a bit of a bully, but for the first time enjoying proper chicken food and fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment